Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon ground chile de arbol
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 6 large yellow tomatoes, tops removed, seeded and flesh removed
In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, olives, cilantro, jalapenos and chile de arbol.
In a separate small bowl, whisk the olive oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle over the quinoa mixture. Add the queso fresco, and mix well to evenly incorporate. Check for seasoning and add more salt if needed.
Divide the quinoa mixture evenly among the tomatoes, making sure they are filled to the top. Transfer the stuffed tomatoes to a large serving tray before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay