Roasted Ginger Asparagus with Pan-Seared Pasilla-Rubbed Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dried pasilla chile, stemmed, seeded and ground
- 6 slices panela or halloumi cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 orange, cut into segments
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
Place the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet. Whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, ginger, mustard, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl to make a citronette. Drizzle the citronette over the asparagus. Toss to coat.
Bake to desired tenderness, turning once halfway through the cooking time, about 8 minutes.
Place the ground chile in a shallow plate. Dredge the panela slices in the chile powder, coating on both sides. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the cheese to sear, about 2 minutes per side.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen