- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup Jalapeno-Mango Salsa, recipe follows
- 1/3 cup peeled and diced jicama
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Mash the avocado in a medium bowl. Mix in the Jalapeno-Mango Salsa and jicama. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with homemade or purchased tortilla chips.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 whole jalapeno chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 large red onion, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat the vegetable oil in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Lightly fry the jalapeno chiles, turning them in the pan until their skins are blistered, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, stem, seed and finely chop the jalapeno chiles and place them into a large mixing bowl. Add the cilantro, mangoes, lime juice and onions and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or store the salsa in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Yield: 2 cups.