The Original Caesar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce (recommended: A1 Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) head romaine lettuce, leaves separated and left whole
- 1/4 cup grated Cotija or Parmesan
Dressing: Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add the eggs and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the shells and cut each egg in half. Put the yolks into a blender (yolks will still be slightly soft). Add the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, hot sauce and vinegar. Pulse until blended. With the machine running, drizzle in the oil and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Put the lettuce and cheese in a wooden salad bowl. Add the dressing and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Cook's Note: Save the boiled egg whites to make egg salad, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid
Recipe courtesy of Amy Thielen
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee