Recipe Courtesy of Curtis Aikens
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 10 min
- 15 min
- enough sauce for 1 pound of pa
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped or 28-ounce canned plum tomatoes, with juice, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Add 3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, minced
- Stir in 1/3 cup pesto.
- Stir in 1/2 cup pitted black kalamata olives.
- For grilled tomato sauce, rub tomatoes with oil, then grill until charred. Puree tomatoes and add to Sauteed onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- For roasted tomato sauce, halve tomatoes and roast, coated with oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper on a sheet pan in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Puree in a blender and season with fresh basil and salt and pepper.