Marinated Baked Tofu Packages
- 1 pound of tofu, extra firm
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons of brown rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
- 5 bunches of scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of white miso
- 1 teaspoon of mirin or white wine
- 1 teaspoon of rice or maple syrup
- 10 green scallion parts, blanched
- Nori sheets, optional
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Slice tofu into 1/4-inch thick slices. Places slices into a shallow baking dish with the above marinade ingredients. Be sure to coat each slice of tofu well. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour. Place the tofu slices on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake 30 minutes or until deep golden brown and crispy on the outside. The marinade can be saved to use again. Be sure to boil the marinade before each additional use.Filling:
Heat the toasted sesame oil on a skillet and add the scallions. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes on medium heat until they become soft and becoming translucent. Turn the heat down to low and add the remaining ingredients except the blanched scallion greens) incorporating the scallions into the miso. Heat through for 2 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
Make Asandwiches@ with the tofu slices, slathering one piece of tofu with the miso scallion mixture and placing another piece of tofu on top. Cut the sandwiches in half for hors d=oeuvres size or leave whole for main course. If desired, place a piece of nori on top of the tofu Asandwich@. Tie the piece together to form a package with the blanched scallion ribbons. Serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.