Marinated Beef Short Ribs
c.1997, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved
- Total Time:
- 5 hr 15 min
- 5 hr
- 15 min
- 6 servings
- 3 3/4 pounds beef short ribs, cut in 1/2-inch slices with bones
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon pureed garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350F.
Season ribs with salt and pepper. Lay across a rack in a roasting pan or baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine water, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Brush over top side of ribs and bake an additional 10 minutes. Turn, brush again, and bake 10 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add roasted ribs and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or as long as 24.
Preheat grill or broiler. Grill ribs for 2 minutes per side and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse