- 1 pound small white mushroom caps
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Clean mushrooms by wiping with a damp towel. Trim off stem flush at base of cap and reserve for another use.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add mushrooms and toss to evenly coat. Transfer to a container and press mushrooms down until liquid rises to the top. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 to 5 days. To serve place on a platter with toothpicks, sprinkle with chopped parsley.