Marinated Roasted Vegetable Antipasto
- 1 small-medium size eggplant, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted & cut into wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted and cut into wide strips
- 1 small fennel bulb, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 6 large cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2/3 cup diced pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup minced fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Arrange vegetables on a baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. When vegetables are cool enough to handle begin layering on a large dish. Place eggplant in the bottom of the dish, drizzle with some olive oil, and add some of the garlic. Add some of the fresh herbs, and then some olives. Sprinkle a little vinegar on top and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to layer vegetables, along with seasonings, adding the peppers next, and then fennel, and finally the zucchini. Cover dish with plastic wrap and let chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.