Baccala Meatballs: Polpette di Baccala
- 2 pounds baccala (salted cod), soaked for 48 hours in several changes of water, drained and chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
In a large bowl, combine the baccala, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper, and mix well but do not over-mix. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, and then form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
In a tall-sided pot, heat the olive oil to 375 degrees F.
Add a few balls at a time to the hot oil and cook until uniformly golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve with the lemon wedges alongside.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.