- 12 sea scallops, still in their shells
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/8 cup
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs, lightly toasted
Preheat the broiler.
Open each scallop. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and some pepper over each scallop. Drizzle a bit of wine into each shell, then drizzle the scallop with a bit of olive oil. Top each scallop with some of the parsley and bread crumbs.
Place each shell in an ovenproof pan and place it under the broiler for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.