- 1 recipe bigoli noodles (see basic recipe)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 salted anchovies, fillets removed and soaked in milk for 2 hours
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped into 1/16-inch dice
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/2 cup
Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Place noodles in boiling water, and allow 8 to 9 minutes to cook. In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, place oil, anchovies and onion over medium heat and cook. Stir often to break up anchovies until a paste is formed, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and toss into pan. Add parsley, toss through and place on a plate. Serve immediately.