Black Spaghetti alla Chitarra with Mussels, Chilis and Mint
- 1 recipe black pasta, rolled out to thinnest setting
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/8th-inch julienne
- 2 pounds fresh Prince Edward Island mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup basic tomato sauce
- 1 bunch mint leaves, approximately 1/2 cup packed
Press sheets of black pasta through the chitarra and set aside. Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. In a 12- to 14-inch saute pan, heat olive oil until smoking. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add mussels, pepper and white wine. Cover and cook until mussels have just opened, about 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and bring to boil. Meanwhile, drop pasta in boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 minute. Drain well and toss into pan with mussel mixture. Add mint leaves, toss pasta to coat and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.