- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into spears, lengthwise
- 6 ounces Frascati or other dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon red chile flakes
- 1 lemon and 1 orange, zested
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil and garlic until just sizzling. Add the broccoli and cook, tossing regularly for 8 to 10 minutes, until the stem is tender. Use the wine to slow the cooking down if the garlic begins to brown. When the broccoli is tender, add the chile flakes and zests and place on a platter.