- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 large shrimp (21 to 25), peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 ounces limoncello liqueur
- 4 ounces dry white wine
- 1 bunch chives, snipped into 1/4 inch lengths
- 4 slices countrystyle bread, 3/4 inch thick
In a 12 inch to 14 inch saute pan, heat oil over medium heat until just smoking. Add garlic and toast light brown. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until bright red. Turn shrimp over and add lemon juice, limoncello and wine and cook 1 minute.
Meanwhile, grill or toast the bread and place 1 slice on each plate. Divide the shrimp over the bread. Add chives to pan and divide sauce over shrimp. Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve immediately.