- 2 pounds skate wings, skinned
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 (28-ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound bucatini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cut the fish into 5 or 6 pieces and set aside.
In a 10-inch saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the garlic, rosemary, skate and broccoli. Cook the fish and broccoli, turning the pieces to cook evenly, about 5 minutes total. Remove the rosemary and add half the parsley and the tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, then keep warm. Remove the fish from the sauce and flake off the bones. Return it to the sauce.
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Cook the bucatini according to the package directions, until tender yet al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce along with the remaining parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Toss over high heat 1 minutes and divide evenly among warmed pasta bowls.