Calamari Ripieno alla Griglia
- 8 large whole calamari
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 4 tablespoons
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups toasted bread crumbs
- 1 bunch thyme, leaves only
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced
Remove tentacles and clean calamari, leaving as whole as possible. Set tentacles aside. Place calamari in an 8-quart pot and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for one hour until quite tender, drain and cool.
Meanwhile, heat 4 tablespoons oil in a 10 to 12-inch saute pan until smoking. Add garlic and sundried tomatoes and cook until light golden brown. Add bread crumbs and continue cooking until well mixed. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add thyme, scallions and parsley and stir to mix.
Stuff cool calamari and season with salt and pepper. Brush stuffed calamari and tentacles with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on grill. Cook until nicely barbecued, about 10 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, place tomatoes, remaining oil and chives and season with salt and pepper. Remove calamari to plate, top with spoonfuls of tomato sauce and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.