- 1/2 of 1 orange, zest finely chopped, plus juice from whole orange
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, crushed, plus 4 bay leaves, broken into pieces
- Pinch hot chile flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound calves liver, cut into even pieces
- Enough caul fat to wrap each piece of liver
Preheat the grill or broiler.
In a small bowl, combine the orange zest, garlic, rosemary leaves, 1 bay leaf, the chile flakes and 1 tablespoon salt. Rub each piece of liver all over with the mixture, then wrap each piece in caul fat, tucking a bay leaf into each ?package?. Thread 2 or 3 pieces of liver onto each of 5 or 6 skewers and cook on the grill or broiler, turning often and basting with orange juice. Season with salt and pepper when done.