- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3 pounds diced poached capon meat
- 3 cups finely diced celery
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, blanched and skinned
- 1 1/2 cups fruity olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings, optional
Put raisins in a bowl and add warm water to cover. Soak until raisins are plumped, about 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
In a large bowl, combine the capon, celery, pomegranate seeds, pistachio nuts, and soaked raisins; mix well. In a bowl, combine the olive oil and vinegars, whisking to emulsify. Pour over the salad and season with salt and pepper. Mound the capon salad on a serving platter. Top the salad with the Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings, if desired.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.