- 1 baguette, cut into 16 slices, or 8 slices country bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 16 marinated anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the broiler. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast until light golden brown on both sides. While still hot, rub each slice with a garlic clove to impart a delicate flavor.
In a bowl, mix the ricotta, black pepper, and oregano and smear over each bread slice. Top each with an anchovy fillet and return to the cookie sheet. Broil until cheese just oozes, about a minute. Arrange on a serving platter, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.