Fava and Pecorino Soup: Zuppa di Fave e Pecorino
- 2 pounds fresh fava beans, shelled
- 1 head escarole, trimmed, washed and roughly chopped
- 3 shallots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, plus 2 cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 fresh hot red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
In a large saucepan, place the fava beans, escarole, shallots, the whole garlic, thyme and pepper and add enough water to come up 2 inches above the solids. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 30 minutes.
Puree the mixture in the bowl of a food processor and return to the pan.
In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and cook until it starts to color, about 2 minutes, then add the parsley. Pour this mixture into the soup. Divide evenly among 4 warmed soup bowls and top with the cheese.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Ravioli di Castagne e Treviso (Chestnut and Radicchio Ravioli), Melon Soup with Prosciutto Breadsticks, Cold Heirloom Tomato Soup with Tropical Lobster Relish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Arugula, Chicken Soup Recipes, Potato Soup Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.