- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon dried chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 pound green beans, tops and tails removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until just smoking. Add the onion, garlic, chile flakes, and mint and cook 1 minute. Add beans, toss to mix well and cook until beans are soft, about 15 minutes, stirring regularly. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.