Green Frittata: Frittata con le Erbe
- 8 eggs, cracked and beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup marjoram leaves, plus 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, plus 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, plus 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a mixing bowl, season the eggs with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup of the marjoram, 1/4 cup parsley and 1/4 cup of the basil. Add all of the thyme, rosemary, and sage and beat together until light and fluffy.
In a 8 to 10-inch nonstick saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat until just turning brown. Add the egg mixture and cook slowly for 12 to 15 minutes, until set on bottom. Carefully flip over and continue cooking 6 to 7 minutes, until set.
Once the frittata is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. After the frittata has cooled, combine the remaining herbs in a medium-sized bowl. Add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss well. Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Serve the frittata cut into wedges, alongside the dressed herb salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.