- 4 leeks, white part only washed, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 8 large cabbage leaves, blanched until tender, about 3 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fresh pecorino, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the grill or broiler. Wrap each leek half in a cabbage leaf to form a tight bundle. Place the cabbage and leek rolls onto the coals of the grill around the outside and cook, turning often, until cabbage has charred and leeks are tender, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove the charred cabbage from the leeks and brush the leeks off. Season with salt and black pepper and place on a serving platter. Meanwhile, oil a non-stick skillet and heat it over high heat. Place the cheese in the skillet and cook until browned on both sides, then place on the serving platter with the leeks. Squeeze lemon over, drizzle with oil, season with the black pepper and serve.