Grilled Game Sausage Crepinettes with Wilted Greens and Balsamic Syrup
- 1 pound Magret of duck with fat
- 1/2 pound pork butt
- 1/4 pound Pancetta
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound caul fat (available at specialty butcher shops)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale (bitter escarole), cut into 1/2-inch ribbons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 bottles balsamic vinegar, reduced to 20 percent to syrup
Preheat the broiler or grill
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat with the cinnamon, cumin and salt. Mix very well. Divide the mixture into 8 equal oval patties, about 1/2-inch thick. Wrap each patty in caul fat. Place the patties under the broiler or on the grill and cook through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
In a large 12- to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil until just smoking. Add the garlic and saute until very light brown, about 2 minutes. Toss in the kale and saute, stirring quickly, about 2 to 3 minutes, until just wilted but not too soft. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the mixture equally on 4 plates and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Sausage with Spicy Sauce, Grilled Poached Sausages with Roasted Peppers and Onions, Grilled Lamb Sausage with Goat Cheese, Heirloom Tomatoes, Olives and Herbs, Easy Grilling, Grilled Salmon Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Sausage Gravy Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.