Grilled Game Sausage Crepinettes with Wilted Greens and Balsamic Syrup
- 1 pound Magret of duck with fat
- 1/2 pound pork butt
- 1/4 pound Pancetta
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound caul fat (available at specialty butcher shops)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale (bitter escarole), cut into 1/2-inch ribbons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 bottles balsamic vinegar, reduced to 20 percent to syrup
Preheat the broiler or grill
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat with the cinnamon, cumin and salt. Mix very well. Divide the mixture into 8 equal oval patties, about 1/2-inch thick. Wrap each patty in caul fat. Place the patties under the broiler or on the grill and cook through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
In a large 12- to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil until just smoking. Add the garlic and saute until very light brown, about 2 minutes. Toss in the kale and saute, stirring quickly, about 2 to 3 minutes, until just wilted but not too soft. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the mixture equally on 4 plates and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Poached Sausages with Roasted Peppers and Onions, Grilled Sausages with Grilled Shallot Relish with Fresh Ricotta and Toasted Baguette, Grilled Sausage with Spicy Sauce, Grilling Recipes, Barbecuing, Easy Grilling Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes