Grilled Sausages with Grapes and Cabbage
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound wine or purple grapes
- 1/2 pound Napa cabbage, sliced into 1/8 inch thick pieces to yield 2 cups
- 8 Italian fennel sausages, pricked with fork
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a 12 to 14 inch saute pan, heat olive oil until smoking. Add onion and cook until softened and starting to brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add grapes and cabbage and cook until cabbage is soft and some grapes have expanded, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, place sausage on grill and cook through, turning regularly, about 12 to 15 minutes. Add vinegar to cabbage mixture and season with salt and pepper. Place sausage over cabbage and serve from the pan.
Recipe Courtesy of Mario Batali
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay