Insalata Del Lunedi (Monday's Salad)
- 6 servings leftover, refrigerated bollito misto, recipe above
- 1 head frisee, torn into individual leaves
- 2 heads radicchio, cored and cut into chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons real balsamic vinegar, plus 4 tablespoons
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for shaving
Slice the leftover meats into bite-sized pieces and place in a large, non-reactive bowl with the frisee and radicchio. Toss well with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, oil and salt and pepper. Divide evenly among 6 chilled dinner plates, top with shaved curls of Parmigiano, drizzle remaining vinegar over and serve.
Recipe copyright 2000, Mario Batali. All Rights Reserved.