Jumbo Shrimp Marsala-Style: Gamberoni alla Marsala
- 1 1/2 pounds large U-12 shrimp
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 celery rib with the leaves, cut in paper thin slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut in paper thin slices
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 2 tablespoons small capers, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 glass (6-ounces) Marsala
- Chili flakes
- Fennel fronds
- 2 tablespoons torn basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons torn mint leaves
- Lemon wedges
Peel and de-vein the shrimp.
In a 12 to 14-inch pan heat the olive oil. Lay in the shrimp in 1 layer. Season with salt and pepper. Top with celery, onion, tomatoes, currants, capers, and pine nuts. Heat through. Toss and deglaze with Marsala.
Divide among 4 plates, sprinkle with chili flakes, fennel fronds, basil and mint. Serve with lemon wedges.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Shrimp with Lemon-Chive Tartar Sauce, Ditalini Salad with Mixed Peppers, Bronzed Shrimp, Scampi with Garlic, Chiles and Mint: Scampi con Aglio, Peperoni e Nepitella, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Italian Pizza Recipes, Garlic Bread Recipes, Gnocchi Recipes, Italian Meatball Recipes, Ravioli Recipes