Lamb and Potato Sausages: Schiacciatine di Agnello e Patate
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 1 pound lamb leg, finely chopped or ground
- 5 ounces fresh pork fat, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 (1-inch stick) cinnamon, ground
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Extra-virgin olive oil
With a mezzaluna or very sharp knife, mince the garlic, rosemary, salt, and pancetta together to make a paste.
In a large bowl, combine the paste with all the other ingredients except the wine and olive oil, mixing and kneading with your hands. Add the wine, blending thoroughly. Cover the mixture tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the grill or broiler. Shape the mixture into oval sausages, 3-inches long, and 1 1/2-inches thick.
Brush lightly with olive oil and grill for five minutes on each side, or pan-saute in olive oil, 5 minutes per side.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Sausage Balls, Tomato-Basil Sauce, Cacio e Pepe Potatoes and Roast Broccolini, Potato Pizza: Pizza di Patate, Potato Croquettes---Panzeroti di Patate, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Ravioli Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.