Linguine with Crab, Radicchio, and Garlic
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/2 head radicchio, shredded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Bring 6 quarts water to a boil and add salt. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, until just al dente, and drain, reserving a little pasta water.
Meanwhile, in a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the oil until smoking. Add the shallots, garlic, and crushed red pepper and saute until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, then add the butter, and remove from heat.
Add the drained pasta to the pan with the wine mixture and return pan to heat. Add crab, radicchio, and scallions and toss until radicchio is wilted, about 1 minute. Pour into a warm serving bowl and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali from Food Network Favorites: Recipes from Our All-Star Chefs, Meredith Books, 2005