- 1 pound fresh sea urchin roe, chopped into thumbnail size pieces
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced paper thin on mandolin
- 6 overripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped to yield 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons hot crushed peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/2 cup
Place 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente and drain well. Pour pasta into bowl with urchin roe mixture and toss like a salad to mix well. Place remaining urchins over top, sprinkle with parsley and serve.