- 4 dried figs, cut into 1/2inch cubes
- 1 unripe pear, peeled and cut into 1/2inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/2inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sundried cherries
- 1/ cup dried apples, cut into 1/4inch julienne
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 11/2 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
Place figs, pear, apricots, cherries, and apples into a mixing bowl and stir to mix. In a saucepan, heat sugar and wine together until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and seeds. Pour over fruit and allow to steep 24 hours. Jar and refrigerate.
1 pound Stracchino 1 pound salami 1 loaf crusty bread
Serve on board with a bowl of mostarda on side.