Mussels with Orange and Fennel
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small head fennel, thinly sliced and fronds reserved
- 24 Prince Edward Island mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 orange, zest to yield 1 tablespoon, and segments to yield 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until just smoking. Add the shaved fennel and mussels and cook for 3 minutes, until fennel is soft.
Pour into serving bowl and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali, 2001