- 5 pounds lean pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound pure pork lard, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds pork casings, 2-inches diameter, washed 1/2 hour and run under water
Grind pork and fat on the 1/2-inch setting of a meat grinder or have your butcher do it for you. Mix the pork and fat together with your hands. Add salt, cinnamon, cloves, garlic, vinegar and pepper and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Stuff the pork casings with the pork mixture, tying the sausages at 5-inch intervals and refrigerate until ready to cook.