Omelette with Spinach and Cheese: Frittata di Spinaci e Cacio
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 15 min
- 15 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound spinach, stems removed, washed and blanched, squeezed dry and finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated cacio, sheeps milk cheese from Rome
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Squeeze the spinach dry and finely chop.
In a 9-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, spinach, salt and pepper, to taste. Add the cheeses and mix well to combine. Pour this mixture into the skillet and cook until the bottom has set, about 5 minutes.
Holding a flat lid over the skillet, turn the frittata over onto the other side and slide back into the skillet. Cook 5 minutes more and serve immediately.
Recipe copyright 2000, Mario Batali. All Rights Reserved.