Peas with Ham: Piselli al Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup strong beef stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, visible white fat removed and reserved, lean red section cut into strips
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pound fresh young peas, shelled
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (1/4-inch) thick slices bread
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the butter and the pork fat over high heat until the butter foams and subsides. Add the onion and saute over high heat 3 minutes. Add the stock, peas, sugar, salt and pepper and saute 5 minutes.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Buttered Beets and Peas with Onions: Two UK-favorite sides in under 10 minutes, Peas with Spinach and Shallots, Braised Clams in Parsley Broth, Peas and Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Fried Capers, Roast Beef Recipes, London Broil Recipes, Gnocchi Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.