Pollo alla Romana (Roman-Style Chicken)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup Frascati or other dry white wine
- 1 (16-ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes and their juices
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook slowly to render out much of the fat. Remove all but 4 tablespoons of the fat-oil mixture from the pan and add the garlic and chicken, cooking until chicken begins to change color and garlic browns. Add the wine and cook 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and peppers, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.