Prosciutto di Parma con Insalata di Mele Parmigiano (Prosciutto with Apple Salad)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
- 1 McIntosh apple, peeled and cored
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 head radicchio di Treviso, leaves detached
- Salt and pepper
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for shaving
Place the prosciutto on a large platter. Julienne all apples and place in a mixing bowl. Add the poppy seeds, olive oil, vinegar and radicchio and salt and pepper, to taste and toss to coat. Arrange the salad in the center of the plate and shave curls of Parmigiano-Reggiano over the salad and ham. Serve immediately.
Recipe copyright 2000, Mario Batali. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali