Prosciutto di Parma with Baked Stuffed Figs
- 12 figs, 1/4 cut open at top but left whole at base
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/2 cup
- 8 ounces Prosciutto di Parma, sliced paper thin
Place figs on non-greased baking sheet, opening with fingers as best you can. In a mixing bowl, stir together Gorgonzola cheese, chopped walnuts and chopped parsley until well mixed. Using a tablespoon, stuff 1 tablespoon filling in each fig.
Remove figs from oven, place 3 in center of each plate and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Mario Batali