- 1/2 pound radicchio, separated into leaves
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced speck
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Place a colander over the boiling water and place the leaves in the colander to steam for 5 minutes. Divide the leaves into 8 equal bundles and fold each bundle in half lengthwise. Wrap each bundle with a slice of speck and secure with a toothpick.
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the packets to the pan. Shake the pan to keep the packets from sticking and add the caraway seeds. After 1 minute, turn the pan and add the vinegar. Turn the heat up to medium-high and cook for another 2 minutes, until the meat is somewhat transparent. Serve with the pan juices drizzled over.