Roast Trout with Black and Green Olives: Trota Arrosto con Olive Nere e Verdi
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed and sliced
- 10 ounces large black and green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 6 cleaned, skinned and filleted trout
- Salt and pepper
- 12 thin slices pancetta
Preheat the grill or broiler.
In a small saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat, then add the rosemary and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the olives and cook another 3 minutes.
Lay each trout out on 6 sheets of aluminum foil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle some of the olive mixture over each fillet. Wrap each fillet with 2 slices of pancetta, securing with a toothpick.
Wrap fillets in the foil and grill or broil for 10 minutes, until fish is cooked through. Serve immediately.
Recipe copyright Mario Batali, 2002. All Rights Reserved.