- 2 bunches chard
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 fillets of sole, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 ounces Prosciutto di San Daniele, thinly sliced, then julienned
- Zest of 2 oranges plus juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced paper thin
Clean two bunches red chard (leaves removed for other use). Trim stalks on cut end to 6 inches long.
Bring one quart water to boil and set up ice bath. Cook stalks for 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water until tender and shock in ice water. Remove and drain. Cut into 1/4-inch julienne and place in bowl. In a 8-inch non-stick pan, heat virgin olive oil until smoking. Dredge sole fillets in seasoned flour and place in pan. Cook on one side until golden brown, about two minutes. Turn and cook 30 more seconds on other side. Remove to warm plate. Add chard stalks to pan and season with salt and pepper. Add prosciutto, orange zest, cinnamon, olive oil and red onion and toss to coat, about 30 seconds. Splash with one tablespoon orange juice and toss again. Season with salt and pepper and divide among four plates. Place one fillet of sole on each plate and serve.