- 10 large (5/6) scampi (or lobsterettes), split lengthwise, claws cracked
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the broiler.
Place the scampi in an oven-proof saute pan, drizzle them with 1/4 cup olive oil, distribute the garlic slices evenly over and around them, and place under the broiler until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the broiler, add the white wine, and top with the bread crumbs. Return to the broiler and cook until the bread crumbs are darkening, about 4 minutes, then remove the scampi to a plate. Add the herbs and remaining olive oil to the pan and swirl over high heat for 1 minute. Pour the sauce over the scampi and serve immediately.