Shrimp and Limoncello Topping: Mazzancolle di "Zaccarria"
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 12 large shrimp (21 to 25 count size), peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup limoncello liqueur
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 slices country-style bread, 3/4-inch thick
Preheat the grill or broiler.
In a hot pan heat the olive oil. Place shrimp into pan (do not turn shrimp). Season with salt and pepper and add garlic. Deglaze with limoncello. Add a squeeze of lemon and the zest of half a lemon. After 3 minutes, turn shrimp over, turn the heat off and add chili flakes, more lemon juice and chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil.
Meanwhile, grill or toast the bread until golden brown. Place 1 slice of bread on each plate. Divide the shrimp over the bread. Divide and spoon the sauce over the shrimp. Sprinkle the bruschetta with remaining lemon zest and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali