- 1 (2 to 3 pound) snapper
- Flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Gaeta olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 5 lemons, zested and segmented, plus juice of 3 more
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup best quality extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 bunch Italian parsley to yield 1/4 cup, chopped
- Sea salt
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Score the snapper twice on each side with a sharp knife. Dredge the fish in the flour.
In a 14 to 16-inch saute pan, heat the oil until just smoking and saute the whole fish until it is golden brown on 1 side. Turn the fish carefully and add the olives, capers, lemon segments, zest, juice and wine and place the pan in the oven to cook for about 14 to 15 minutes. Allow the fish to rest for 5 minutes before filleting, then drizzle it with the pan juices and high-quality oil, sprinkle with parsley and sea salt, and serve.