- 1 head white cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil from Garda
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-ounce speck, cut into matchsticks
- Juice of 1 lemon
Boil cabbage ribbons 20 minutes in lightly salted water. Drain and cool. In a 14-inch saute pan, heat olive oil until smoking. Add cumin, horseradish, pepper and speck and toss to coat. Add cabbage and toss again. Cook 8 to 10 minutes until soft and well-seasoned. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with sliced goose breast.