Steamed Lobster Salad
- 2 spiny lobsters, 1 1/2 pounds each (may substitute Maine lobsters), steamed 10 minutes and cooled
- 2 ribs celery, sliced paper thin
- 1 medium red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1 pound almost overripe tomatoes, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 15 basil leaves
- 20 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
Remove meat from lobster and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (leave claws whole, out of shell, if using Maine lobster). Place in a large mixing bowl. Add celery, onion, tomatoes, garlic, basil, mint, olive oil, lemon juice and toss. Season with salt and pepper and let stand 10 minutes. Add arugula, toss to coat and serve sprinkled with lemon zest.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.