- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1/4 pound bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup anisette
- 1/4 cup very strong espresso
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and finely ground
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for garnish
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups dry white wine
- Pinch aniseeds
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk and add the sugar, oil, wine, and aniseed. Mix well, then gradually add the flour and mix and knead to form a smooth, soft dough. Roll out to the thickness of a finger, and cut into 1-inch lengths about the width of a finger.
Once the water is boiling, add the dough lengths to the water and boil until they are firm and white. Remove with a slotted spoon, pat dry and, before the lengths completely dry, stuff each piece of dough with some of the marmalade mixture using the pastry bag. Sprinkle with sugar and serve.