Stuffed Peppers: Aji
- 3 large green bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 small octopus (approximately 2 ounces), cut in small block pieces
- Olive oil, for sauteing
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in small block pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut in small block pieces
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut in small block pieces
- 1 small orange bell pepper, cut in small block pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Begin by placing halved green bell peppers into a pot of water, just enough to cover them. Boil peppers just until the skin color begins to change to a paler green and they become very slightly tender (about 2 to 3 minutes); immediately remove from heat and place peppers in cold water to halt the cooking process.
Preheat a grill.
Meanwhile, saute octopus in a little bit of oil over medium-high heat just until cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in tomatoes, and chopped green, yellow, and orange peppers, and chili powder. Simmer for approximately 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture becomes slightly tender. Stuff bell pepper halves with octopus mixture and place in a baking dish. Place the baking dish on the grill. Close the cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.