- 2 medium butternut squash, cut into 1-inch slices, skin on, seeds discarded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons plus 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced paper-thin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, sliced paper-thin
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Season the squash with salt and pepper, drizzle with 4 tablespoons olive oil, and place in a single layer on 1 or 2 cookie sheets. Place into preheated oven and cook 18 to 20 minutes, until just tender. Meanwhile, stir together the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil, vinegar, onion, chili flakes, oregano and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Remove squash from the oven and pour marinade over. Allow to cool 20 minutes in the marinade, sprinkle with mint leaves and serve.